A monochrome study of the weathered beams of the Dan Lawson place
Aged wood from the1800's showing the ravages of time. The Dan Lawson Place was originally built by Peter Cable in the 1850s and acquired by son-in-law Dan Lawson (1827–1905) after he married Mary Jane, Cable’s daughter. Lawson was a relatively affluent resident, owning a sunstantial strip of land in Casdes Cove. He built several other additions to the homestead, including a smokehouse, a chicken coop, a second story to the cabin and a hay barn. The cabin had a brick chimney, which was unusual in the location for the time.Add to Cart Add to Lightbox
All images and content Copyright © 2011-2017 Robert C Nunnington. All rights reserved.